Get Active for an Illinois Single-Payer Health System
There are lots of ways you can help the movement for a single-payer health system in Illinois. Health Care for All Illinois activists have a wide array of individual talents and experience. If you’re just getting started, you may find it helpful to read the PNHP handout “Finding you Niche in Activism.” (pdf)
Follow the links below for ideas and ways to get involved in the struggle for single-payer. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 312-782-6006.
What You Can Do
- Use this handout "Top 10 Reasons For Enacting a Single Payer Healthcare System" from the National Nurses Organizing Committee .
- Stay in touch with Illinois Health Care for All by joining our mailing list. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invite a HCAI speaker to speak to your community group about single-payer.
- Write an op-ed or letter to the editor of your local news publications. PNHP has a handout with tips.
- Finding your Niche in Activism (pdf)
- How to Write an Op-Ed and Letter to the Editor
- Op-Ed Examples
- Letter to the Editor Examples
- How to Make Calls to the Press